Thursday, September 14, 2006

First Post!

Hi all,

This is my blog and I welcome you to it. If you're from around the area, you know of the trials and tribulations of trying to get life "back to normal." Part of normal is being able to enjoy the shops, cafes, galleries and all of the other activities that make New Orleans so much fun.

This blog is my attempt to share my personal knowledge of what boutiques and what not are open, which are closed, which have relocated, which are having sales, etc.

I'm new to blogging, but I figured I could borrow some of my Houston acquired "culture" from my 6 months in exile and maybe try it out back in New Orleans. By the way, shopping in Houston is a major pain!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First comment! So glad you're doing this.

ShopBop said...

Ok, let's see how this goes.

So last weekend I ventured out of the city and tried a little shopping on Thomas St. in Hammond.

Not bad, I picked up a few things from "Clothesminded" and "Funky Diva" and was on my way to "Obsession" and "Ruby" but ran out of time.

I really like the way downtown Hammond is set up for shopping and whatnot.

There's plenty of free public parking at various strategic points in the Downtown area. There are restaurants and coffee shops mixed in with the shops. It's only about a 5 block stretch, but it's just about the most perfect 5 blocks I've ever seen.