Sunday, October 29, 2006

Shoppin, shoppin, shoppin, shoppin, badger, badger, shoppin shoppin. . .

Ahh, another pointless and infuriating trip to Lakeside.

Why do I continue to subject myself to it?

Well, because there's easy (most of the time) parking, air conditioning, variety. But the biggest draw I guess is the hope that with all the crap, you'll be able to find a few decent, quality pieces.

Hahah.

So I grabbed a few things from Black/White. Mostly stuff for "work". Then I picked up a single tank top from Express and a pair of pants.

Service = O, except from that girl at Express that acts like she's coked out of her mind all the time. She's helpful.

But I feel compelled to share my general distast for the direction the mall has taken. The stores I used to find an interesting outfit or two in, have taken a turn for the downright trampy.

Bebe, Guess, Express (although to a lesser extent), Forever 21--although they've always been trampy and I've never really shopped there--it's f*cking crap. I mean, I'm not expecting couture at Lakeside. But seriously, it's either sweats with rhinestone messages encoded on the rear or stripper gear.

Where do nice girls like me shop these days??

Veloptuous Vixen is next on my list to hit. It's new, in the Quarter, and I hear good things. I'll let y'all know.

No comments: